Thursday, August 21, 2008

False Alarm :(

So I get checked at the doctor yesterday which sent me into continuous 10 minute apart contractions.... I was 50 effaced but no dialation yet...
That was at 12pm...
By 7 pm, they had not stopped, and were moving closer to each other.... about 8 minutes apart a little more uncomfortable...
9pm, 4 minutes apart, really intense.....
1230am go into the hospital, they actually could see my contractions! ( they thought they couldn't before because of all my scar tissue, but they could see the little line move just enough, plus once again, they could feel them )
She checks me, im at 80% effaced.... So my Cervix had thinned out, and baby was at negative 1 station in my pelvis... great... hes right there, he's just not completely pushing against it yet....
So then its hurry up and wait, monitor monitor monitor, contractions are still 4 - 5 minutes apart....
they tell me, you have 2 choices, walk around the hospital for 2 hours, or go home.... i choose the walking... now mind you, my legs and feet are so swollen i move about an inch with every step, so what felt like an eternity in distance of walking around, was something i could do on a good day in less than 10 minutes....
After 35 minutes of walking around and the contractions getting more intense they start comming ever 2 1/2 minutes and start traveling straight from my stomach to my back... i could barely move between them, they were lasting a minute and a half each, and i was getting maybe 30 seconds of relief between them...
by the time we got back to L&D, one contraction would send me into another one....
they check me... she makes the comment "where did you hide your cervix?" she had short fingers, i have an abnormally high cervix..... and then she says the dreaded words NO FRICKING CHANGE!
I about screamed i was so ticked off... "Go home and take a benadryl and try to get some sleep" 17 1/2 hours of contractions for NOTHING!
These were not braxton hicks, these were alot worse than what i had felt before.... I can deal with pain, I've had 9 stomach surgeries with pain control that didn't work.... these contractions.... holy crap dude....
She couldn't for sure tell if i had changed, she had even said that the first time she checked me, it was hard for her to reach my cervix to tell if I was dialated....
I came home, I cried, I took a Vicodan and I passed out.
I wake up this morning, I feel like ive been hit by a mack truck, like every muscle in my fricking abdomen has been ripped apart.... and no baby to show for it...
Atleast I only have 8 more days til my C Section... I feel sorry for anyone who has to go through all of the pain and emotions I had to last night....
My nerves can't take this again. Cuz now I feel like I shouldn't go in, if I think I'm in labor, cuz I don't wanna deal with the disappointment of not having Bobby when I leave. And I swear to God I was the laughing stock of the nurses/midwifes last night (I don't know that for sure, but I just got this weird vibe from a few of them)
So I'm having a bad day, sorry for the long long blog, just wanted to get it all out... :(

3 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

That's what blogs are for, a means of catharsis.

Take it as easy as you can.

kimberkara said...

What the hell?
Bobby will be here before you now it. So, your contactions just stopped? That sucks! Any day/hour now it will be the real thing! You're soooo close. Hang in there.

Andrea said...

I hope they weren't really laughing at you... they might be doing the "awww, first time mom, how cute..." thing. But they need not be unprofessional or bitches about it! Don't hesitate to call them out on it if you have to. It won't... well it SHOULDN'T affect your care they provide. You have the right to be comfortable in your labor and delivery. Trust me, people talk to me like that enough, and I still provide mediocre at best nursing care always!
LMAO!!! JUST KIDDING.
I haven't been there before but I can only imagine you are ready for pregnancy to be over and to be a Momma now! Good luck!
:)